Monday, March 23, 2009

2009 Update :)



Wow. It's been 2 years. Opps.

I am currently the oldest at home. I graduated in 2008. I was going to move to Calgary last November for a job, when I got very very sick. Bags were packed - the plane tickets were bought, but because of health I had to turn down the job offer. But even though I didn't understand it at the time, God had it all worked out, and I'm enjoying living at home. I help out with the schooling of my younger siblings, and I do some studying for a Health course. So it all worked out for good. 

Health wise, I'm doing much better now. I started struggling with Hemoptysis. I got hospitalized for it in August 2008 after I got back from Toronto, ON (visiting Helene where she lived & worked BEFORE she got married in Dec...) where they pumped me full of drugs that royally messed me up. I did well for a couple months after my discharge when it got bad again. They brought me into the hospital for admission - they had my room ready and the IV woman ready to go, and I said no. I was not very happy. I told them that I wanted to know where the bleeding was coming from, and what was causing it, and they refused. So I signed a couple papers, and against their medical advice I walked out of the hospital. Within 2 weeks I got transferred to a different hospital =) 
I'm happy to say that I've been very healthy, with the occasional cold here and there. I was raised to be responsible for my own health. When I'm losing blood, I want to know where it's coming from & what's going on so I can decide what's the best way to go. In this day & age, you have to become informed as to how your body really works & then therefore make informed medical decisions.
I'm not against antibiotics at all, they have their place. But using that to always treat the symptom instead of getting down to the ROOT of the problem is what I don't like & I refuse. The body heals itself if given the right tools.



Well, I have a busy day ahead of me, but I'll try my very hardest not to let it be 2 years before my next post :) If it lands up being more then a couple weeks, feel free to bug me. Every now and then i need a little reminder :)

In closing, just remember to live life as if today was your last day. Cherish the moments God gives you. Tell your family how much you love them everyday :) Stay healthy & stay young! God Bless :)

Aline

No comments: